× Members

Too many points? An unusual PIP decision dilemma

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153807 by bro58

cl281 wrote:

Gordon wrote: cl

You don't say whether your son received the award you were expecting or not?

Are you saying that you did not assess your son as being as bad as the assessor has marked him, or that he cannot meet the criteria that for the Descriptor that has been chosen because he has no problems in that area?

If you have requested an MR then your task is first to show that your son meets the criteria and as a secondary action to argue the contents of the assessors report.

Gordon

Hi Gordon
1. Yes, I did not assess my son as being as bad in a certain area as the assessor and then the Decision Maker marked him.

2. There was a particular area where I said he did not have a need but on examination they decided that he did. I will leave this as a) they decided he did based on their examination, and b) he'll lose those particular points anyway when they remove the points for aids and appliances which is coming in!

He did get the award I was hoping for, but how they got to it was not quite as I intended.

Hi cl281,

We cannot really offer any further meaningful advice other than I have already written.

"He did get the award I was hoping for, but how they got to it was not quite as I intended"

Yes, but you are not The DWP PIP Case Manager, (DM) are you ? :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153813 by EAPage
""As long as you are happy that the Decision is correct with regards to your Son's identity, there is no need for you to points out discrepancies in the points awarded"
HI Bro58
Sorry, I re-read your reply and you did advise me. This is exactly what I am unsure of, whether I am obliged to point out discrepancies.
I feel they have given more in some areas, and not enough in others, and both will bite me in the bum potentially at some point.
But I don't want to poke a sleeping beast... :(

Obviously I am delighted that he got his award, but can't feel total satisfaction because they did also get it wrong; it's a difficult one.

And yes, it was definitely the decision for my son, and not someone else! (Does that happen??)
:ohmy:

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153822 by bro58

cl281 wrote: ""As long as you are happy that the Decision is correct with regards to your Son's identity, there is no need for you to points out discrepancies in the points awarded"
HI Bro58
Sorry, I re-read your reply and you did advise me. This is exactly what I am unsure of, whether I am obliged to point out discrepancies.
I feel they have given more in some areas, and not enough in others, and both will bite me in the bum potentially at some point.
But I don't want to poke a sleeping beast... :(

Obviously I am delighted that he got his award, but can't feel total satisfaction because they did also get it wrong; it's a difficult one.

And yes, it was definitely the decision for my son, and not someone else! (Does that happen??)
:ohmy:

Hi cl281,

You have nothing to worry about !!

Relax and be happy that your Son has received the award that he is entitled to !!! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.