× Members

esa

More
8 years 1 month ago #153777 by dawny
esa was created by dawny
Hi ive been on incapacity for about 13 years and it was changed to esa support group . Ive had a letter from a compliance officer who's coming tomorrow , he said it was to check that im on the correct benefits . But then someone said that ive been reported but what for I don't knowi don't know . Im worried sick as ive been told I have to be on my own so wont have anyone with me . anyone got any answers .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153784 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic esa

dawny wrote: Hi ive been on incapacity for about 13 years and it was changed to esa support group . Ive had a letter from a compliance officer who's coming tomorrow , he said it was to check that im on the correct benefits . But then someone said that ive been reported but what for I don't knowi don't know . Im worried sick as ive been told I have to be on my own so wont have anyone with me . anyone got any answers .

Hi d,

Firstly, you do not have to be on your own at all, so whoever told you that is wrong.

You can have someone else of your choice present for support and they can take notes if you want them to.

There are any number of reasons for this interview, you could have been chosen at random, or it may have been as the result of a malicious accusation against you.

As you are in The SG the interview cannot have anything to do with Work or Work Related Activity, as that is not allowed.

These type of checks generally involve you producing ID, bank statements, etc, etc and on the premise that you comply with their reasonable requests for information and you have done nothing wrong all should be fine.

Many of our members have been through this type of interviews, but you may want to check exactly what it is about and whether your taking part is voluntary or mandatory, see : This Post

Sometimes these "interviews" are simply DWP "Fishing" exercises to see whether anything wrong comes to light.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153792 by dawny
Replied by dawny on topic esa
Thank you for your reply the letter says they are visiting me at home to talk about any changes that could effect my benefits . they need me to provide them with information ir driving licence bank statements . im dreading it . The only thing I thought it could be was my mam was my carer and this stopped last nov due to it effecting her benefits . So sounds like someone is trying to say things .
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago #153795 by bro58

dawny wrote: Thank you for your reply the letter says they are visiting me at home to talk about any changes that could effect my benefits . they need me to provide them with information ir driving licence bank statements . im dreading it . The only thing I thought it could be was my mam was my carer and this stopped last nov due to it effecting her benefits . So sounds like someone is trying to say things .

Hi d,

Try not to worry ! :)

Hopefully it will just be "routine" !

Please return to let us know how you got on !

bro58

More
8 years 1 month ago #153798 by dawny
Replied by dawny on topic esa
WILL do , im wondering if it could be my sister I split up from my husband 2 years ago . We have got a daughter who has autism and learning delays . I don't get any help so he has been coming to help with her as im disabled with back problems and waiting on another operation. My MUM TOLD ME AND my sister last month that she was leaving her house to my eldest daughter and youngest so if money was needed they could sell the house. My sister hasn't spoken to me or my mam since . Even though she has said she doesn't want the house .
So my be her thinking we have got back together and trying to cause problems

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago #153803 by bro58

dawny wrote: WILL do , im wondering if it could be my sister I split up from my husband 2 years ago . We have got a daughter who has autism and learning delays . I don't get any help so he has been coming to help with her as im disabled with back problems and waiting on another operation. My MUM TOLD ME AND my sister last month that she was leaving her house to my eldest daughter and youngest so if money was needed they could sell the house. My sister hasn't spoken to me or my mam since . Even though she has said she doesn't want the house .
So my be her thinking we have got back together and trying to cause problems

Hi d,

It is pointless worrying and speculating on the reasons for the interview, your imagination will simply go into overdrive !! :)

Cheers

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.