× Members

Can i Request a home visit for my assessment

More
8 years 1 month ago #153884 by Notts110
Hi Everyone can someone advise me as to how I can request a home visit and the likelihood of getting one when I have my pip assessment.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153893 by bro58

Notts110 wrote: Hi Everyone can someone advise me as to how I can request a home visit and the likelihood of getting one when I have my pip assessment.

Thank you.

Hi N110,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

You don't state what stage of the PIP assessment process you are up to.

However, If you are to request a Home Assessment you should do so formally in writing explaining why you require one and why you could not make the return trip to/from a PIP Consultations Centre.

You could do this on a separate A4 page and include it with your PIP 2 Form.

If you can also obtain a letter supporting a Home Assessment from your G.P. explaining why your limitations dictate that you require one, I would also attach copy of that to the A4 page to be sent with The PIP 2 Form.

It is far better to get this request in as early as possible in the process rather than waiting for them to potentially arrange a F2F at one of their Centres then having to fight that !!

If you are at the stage where you have already returned your PIP 2 Form and they have made you an appointment at an Assessment Centre, but you want a Home Assessment, you should contact your PIP Assessment Provider (AP) (ATOS/Capita) by E-mail/Telephone :

Contact Capita.

Contact ATOS PIP (Top right of page)

If you are unsure who your PIP AP is, you can check : Here.

They will probably insist that your G.P. FAXES them a letter supporting a Home Assessment.

You can re-arrange a PIP F2F Assessment once !

See :

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

How The PIP Points Scoring System Works.

PIP Self Test

This Post in our Spotlight Area at the top of The forum.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.