× Members

Pip renewal question

More
8 years 1 month ago #153910 by songbird57
Pip renewal question was created by songbird57
Hello, my husband received his form to re-apply for pip. My question is:- he suffers from mental health issues, chronic depression, last time he managed to get the basic amount for personal care. I suffer from physical disabilities which means he now has to look after me, helps with washing, dressing and preparing food. He does all this even though he feels disinclined to do so preferring to sleep/sit but know I need the help. The food issue is important for me too, I used to do all the cooking but can no longer, I was diagnosed with Anorexia Nervosa in the 1970's and although under control could very easily surface so the need to eat is important. How do you suggest we go forward with this form because although he does all these things for me he still suffers on a daily basis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153914 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip renewal question

songbird57 wrote: Hello, my husband received his form to re-apply for pip. My question is:- he suffers from mental health issues, chronic depression, last time he managed to get the basic amount for personal care. I suffer from physical disabilities which means he now has to look after me, helps with washing, dressing and preparing food. He does all this even though he feels disinclined to do so preferring to sleep/sit but know I need the help. The food issue is important for me too, I used to do all the cooking but can no longer, I was diagnosed with Anorexia Nervosa in the 1970's and although under control could very easily surface so the need to eat is important. How do you suggest we go forward with this form because although he does all these things for me he still suffers on a daily basis.

From what you have posted his problems seem to be much the same as they were when he was last assessed, so you need to show that the only reason that he can perform the PIP activities is due to prompting and/or supervision that you provide.

Concentrate on the issues of reliability and the need for activities to be completed successfully on the majority of days to not score points.

If he scored higher in any of the activities than would be covered by prompting, you'll have to give more detailed thought to how he manages.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #153915 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip renewal question

songbird57 wrote: Hello, my husband received his form to re-apply for pip. My question is:- he suffers from mental health issues, chronic depression, last time he managed to get the basic amount for personal care. I suffer from physical disabilities which means he now has to look after me, helps with washing, dressing and preparing food. He does all this even though he feels disinclined to do so preferring to sleep/sit but know I need the help. The food issue is important for me too, I used to do all the cooking but can no longer, I was diagnosed with Anorexia Nervosa in the 1970's and although under control could very easily surface so the need to eat is important. How do you suggest we go forward with this form because although he does all these things for me he still suffers on a daily basis.

From what you have posted his problems seem to be much the same as they were when he was last assessed, so you need to show that the only reason that he can perform the PIP activities is due to prompting and/or supervision that you provide.

Concentrate on the issues of reliability and the need for activities to be completed successfully on the majority of days to not score points.

If he scored higher in any of the activities than would be covered by prompting, you'll have to give more detailed thought to how he manages.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: songbird57

More
8 years 1 month ago #153981 by songbird57
Replied by songbird57 on topic Pip renewal question
Many thanks Gordon, I really appreciate your help and all advice on this wonderful site.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.