× Members

PIP award/proof of entitlement letters

More
8 years 1 month ago #153917 by EAPage
Hello again folks.

I am wondering if there is a more generic proof of entitlement letter for PIP than we have been sent?

This Statement of Entitlement states all of the areas where there are difficulties, and the points that were awarded, along with the rate level and money.
However, I have to show evidence of need for my son to various agencies, (such as his student accommodation, in order for him to be placed with his friends), and I would prefer for them to know he was simply awarded it at whatever rate, and not whether he needs help to eat or toilet or wash and bathe etc.

The DLA proof of entitlement letter used to do just that- simply state it is awarded and at what rate. Can I request a less intrusive award notice for PIP to give to people who really have no need to see the details, which are highly personal, and I would have thought, fairly confidential. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153920 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP award/proof of entitlement letters
Cl

You should receive two letter, the one you have which appears to be the Decisions Makers Statement of Reasons and a Decision Letter detailing the award and the start and end dates.

If you have only just received the letter that you have then it's likely that that the other is still in the post, if it's been more than a week then the other is likely lost in the post or for some reason has not been produced and you should contact the DWP for a copy.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #153940 by EAPage
Replied by EAPage on topic PIP award/proof of entitlement letters
Hi Gordon
There were two pieces of correspondence in the one envelope.
The first is the decision and DM's reasoning which does go through the areas of difficulty and scores etc. It is a 7 page letter.

The second one is a 2 page letter, titled 'Statement of Entitlement'
However, this one ALSO details the descriptors and the points i.e. what he can or can't do. It also says on it
'You can use this to show your entitlement to Personal Independence Payment'.

I would not want anyone to see the very personal stuff it details and feel it is sufficient to say it is awarded at a certain rate. Surely it is up to the claimant to decide what he wants people to know about him if he needs to produce evidence of being awarded PIP?
I can't believe the sales team of a student village need to know if he can wipe his backside or not!
:angry:

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153961 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP award/proof of entitlement letters
CL

You don't have to use the whole letter only the front page with the details of the award, if that is still no good then you can contact the DWP for a proper entitlement letter which will just have the award, as a last alternative copy the award letter and use another piece of paper to mask out the reasons.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153969 by EAPage
Replied by EAPage on topic PIP award/proof of entitlement letters
Thank you, that's very helpful.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.