× Members

ESA Renewal Form possibly lost in post

More
8 years 2 months ago #153935 by EH
I'm rather concerned that my ESA renewal form has got lost in the post. I posted it Thurs 10th March 1st class Signed For, but it is still showing online as undelivered. The lady at the post office said that they would receive it the next day. The deadline for my form is this Friday 18th March, so I'm getting very anxious that it has gone missing. If it still hasn't arrived by Friday do I need to contact them and try and prove that I sent it, or just wait for them to contact me? As severe anxiety is one of my many health problems I would need to arrange for someone else to call them on my behalf. I took photocopies of everything and have the posting evidence but the stress of completing the form made me very ill and I'm only just starting to eat and sleep again. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #153944 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Renewal Form possibly lost in post
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

There is no need to post duplicate queries as every post on this forum must be read and approved by a moderator before being published. Mods are only guaranteed to be on-line between 2-3.30 and 8-9.30pm Monday - Friday although we will often pop in at other times. Even when we are officially 'open' how long we take to deal with your query will depend on how many (voluntary) moderators are on-line and how busy we are.

The PO web page should have a telephone number that you can ring to check whether your form has been delivered. Sometimes delivery does not show on the website, even though it has taken place. Please come back to us if it is confirmed that delivery has not taken place.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your ESA related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 2 months ago #153986 by EH
Hi, I got someone to phone Royal Mail for me this morning and my ESA forms have definitely not been delivered yet and they could give me no information about why. Really dont know what to do.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #153993 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Renewal Form possibly lost in post

EH wrote: Hi, I got someone to phone Royal Mail for me this morning and my ESA forms have definitely not been delivered yet and they could give me no information about why. Really dont know what to do.

Hi EH,

You would be best advised to contact : The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA) (aka HAAS) (Maximus) who took over the ESA WCA Contract from ATOS on 02/03/15 to make sure they don't have it, and let them know what has gone on with Royal Mail.

If you have kept a copy of your ESA50 +added evidence, you could enquire whether you could send another copy of that to CHDA ASAP.

You still need to chase Royal Mail, as if it proven that they have lost your ESA50, this would be classed as Good Cause for late/non return of your ESA50.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• g4
8 years 2 months ago #154124 by g4
I rang as my esa forms were not showing as received aswell, I posted mine recorded delivery on 7/32016. I rang dwp to be told I'd been deleted off their system and was advised to ring health advisory service which I've done to be told they had my esa forms back and are being looked at,they got them on the 9/32016 .what ever the dwp were on about puzzled me and the health assessment advisory service lady,hope that helps here's the number 0800 2888777

More
8 years 2 months ago #154357 by MCFH
Replied by MCFH on topic ESA Renewal Form possibly lost in post
I sent mine 1st class signed for on 15/03 to get there by the 18th. Just phoned up the 0800 number above & it hasn't arrived. Asked the man I spoke to what to do next and he just said to wait for them to contact me. Confused as I don't want to get my benefit cut off. Should I just wait like he said or do something else?

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris