× Members

dla to pip transfer

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153942 by Paul t
dla to pip transfer was created by Paul t
hi all just a little help needed,just had the dreaded brown envelope through door.
my award on dla was high rate mobility indefinitely didnt fill nothing in for other part 2 years ago,
when visited for home assessment as unable to make it to a centre due to illness etc, brown envelope opened today to find that mobility taken off me but but awarded standard rate on daily living component.
i cannot believe this has happened ive read the decisions makers reasoning and they have made 2 major mistakes they keep saying i travelled to the assessment alone and was able to plan a journey etc it was in my house the assessment was, then they agree with the conclusion
the wording (i have decided you can stand and then move using an aid appliance more than twenty metres but not more than 50 which this is untrue but never mind for now this would off gave me but in the table for points on moving around they have inserted 50 metres but no more than 200 metres either aided or unaided lol, what a total farce ive rang them straight away for a reconsideration and even the lady on other end in dwp agreed with me after reading decision on her computer she has put all of this and sent over to case manager to look at, is that all i can do for now any comments would be gratefull....
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153953 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic dla to pip transfer
Hi Paul and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

If you feel that you can provide further information and/or evidence to strengthen your case, then you should do so now. If you did not use our guides when you filled out the PIP2 form I certainly think you should have a good look at them now to see if you could have phrased your replies in a way more likely to be understood by DWP. Or you could send in a short submission pointing to the evidence and information that you have already supplied.

PIP help for claimants

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP/ESA/DLA related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153962 by Paul t
Replied by Paul t on topic dla to pip transfer
hi thanks for your reply think i might not of wrote the post right ,those phrases that i posted earlier are from the dwp and when filling in pip form i did use all guides provided.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153967 by Paul t
i did use the guides avalible the phrases above were used by the dwp what im trying to say is they have made 2 big errors in there decision.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153974 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic dla to pip transfer
Paul

Refuting the statements in the report will not in itself result in an award, you'll only receive one by showing that you meet the criteria, so going back to the Guides is the best advice we can give you at the moment.

Have you received the assessment report? If not then you should phone the DWP office that dealt with your claim, you can phone but we recommend following up the request in writing.

Once you have a better understanding of how the Decision was made, you need to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, the PIP Appeal guide explains how to do this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #153985 by Paul t
hi gordon thanks again for your reply.
i am going to do what you advised but what baffles me is there mistakes they quite clearly made the decision makers letter it refers to me being at a assessment center which was not the case and also they alone decided in the letter this is there exact words(i have decided that you can stand and then move using an aid or appliance more than 20 metres but no more that 50 metres with all evidence available.this alone gets me 10 points alone so they are saying i meet the criteria! but on there breakdown for the mobility section they have inserted the wrong statement they put (you can stand and then move 50 metres but no more than 200 metres either aided or unaided which gives you 4 points) surely this is a mistake and not the right finding was put in the table scoring by them.like i said i did ring straight away to question this and dwp agreed with me and i was reading the decision letter right
and i was not making a mistake hopefully this will be rectified straight away fingers crossed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.