× Members

Waiting Time For Assessment

More
8 years 3 months ago #147674 by Mona Wails
I've been called in for a health assessment and can't leave the house. Can I ask for a home visit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago #147680 by foss27
Hi
Yes you can.

You need to get a letter from your doctor supporting your request and explaining why and send it with your request for a home assessment.

Do not allow your doctor to say they will respond if the DWP contacts them. You must get them to write the letter and send it in.

There is no guarantee you will get the request accepted. If they refuse you could try your MP but it seems to be at their discretion. Hopefully someone will take them to court for refusing one day as it contravenes equality law.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154026 by Mona Wails
Replied by Mona Wails on topic Waiting Time For Assessment
I received a letter saying I would get a home assessment about 6 weeks ago. How long do I have to wait before I get this medical assessment. Is it months or years before they tell you of a time they will do the assessment. I can't move on with my life until I know this?

More
8 years 1 month ago #154044 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Waiting Time For Assessment

Tessa Naghton wrote: I received a letter saying I would get a home assessment about 6 weeks ago. How long do I have to wait before I get this medical assessment. Is it months or years before they tell you of a time they will do the assessment. I can't move on with my life until I know this?

I would have expected yo to have heard by now, you need to chase Maximus for an update.

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.