× Members

Renewal/upgrade of PIP

More
8 years 1 month ago #153827 by Bellavilla1
Renewal/upgrade of PIP was created by Bellavilla1
We have just filled in my Husbands PIP renewal claim (one year in advance) we are hoping he will get the enhanced mobility part this time. If he does will it be effective immediately or will it start on the renewal date?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago #153834 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Renewal/upgrade of PIP

Bellavilla1 wrote: We have just filled in my Husbands PIP renewal claim (one year in advance) we are hoping he will get the enhanced mobility part this time. If he does will it be effective immediately or will it start on the renewal date?

Hi Bv1,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

Yes, one year before the end date of a fixed term award is the norm for renewals !!

You should be aware that he will be reassessed afresh, and as a result of this review/renewal his current PIP Award/s could remain the same, be increased, reduced or taken away altogether.

Any award/s made as a result of this review/renewal will take effect from the date of the decision made at the review/renewal rather than from the original end date of his current existing PIP award.

In case you have not already done so, have a read through the information below :

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

How The PIP Points Scoring System Works.

PIP Self Test

Good luck and keep us updated ! :)

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58

More
8 years 1 month ago #154052 by Bellavilla1
Replied by Bellavilla1 on topic Renewal/upgrade of PIP
We have just sent in my Husbands PIP renewal (a year in advance) and we think he will qualify for the enhnaced mobility. We just wondered if it will start immediately or when the renewal date is up?

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154053 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Renewal/upgrade of PIP

Bellavilla1 wrote: We have just sent in my Husbands PIP renewal (a year in advance) and we think he will qualify for the enhnaced mobility. We just wondered if it will start immediately or when the renewal date is up?

Providing the changes that you hope will result in a higher award have affected him for more than 3 months then any change will apply from the date of the Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago #154054 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Renewal/upgrade of PIP
Hi Bv1,

You have now asked the same question twice in two separate topics which I have now merged.

Please do not make repeat queries and please keep all your PIP related queries to this topic.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.