× Members

Budget changes to PIP

More
8 years 1 month ago #154099 by meechers
Budget changes to PIP was created by meechers
Hi,
Can you clarify the situation with regard to the new PIP point scoring system announced in yesterday's budget please.
I receive the standard daily living component as I scored 8points, but under the new system I don't think I would.
My award is not due to be reviewed until 2021 but I am worried that these changes will be applied to existing awards, or will the new points only come into effect when I am re-assesed?
Thank you for any info you can provide

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154100 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Budget changes to PIP
DD

As it stands at the moment, we can't confirm anything until the changes are actually passed into law, you will not be affected until your claim is re-assessed in 2020 (claims are being re-assessed a year in advance), unless you report a Change of Circumstances likely to affect the award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: meechers

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago #154105 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Budget changes to PIP
Hi DD,

See : This Topic also !

bro58

• Trudy
8 years 1 month ago #154111 by Trudy
Replied by Trudy on topic Budget changes to PIP
Hi Gordon - do you know when the new legislation will be published and when we will know if those already receiving PIP will be affected by the Budget's 'point scoring' changes?

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154113 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Budget changes to PIP

Trudy wrote: Hi Gordon - do you know when the new legislation will be published and when we will know if those already receiving PIP will be affected by the Budget's 'point scoring' changes?

Hi T,

I am afraid not !! :)

See the topic from the link I provided in my previous post above.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.