× Members

Medical Retirement

More
8 years 2 months ago #154125 by Seth Laa
Medical Retirement was created by Seth Laa
Hi all, Am after some advice/info regarding Medical Retirement.

I am currently still in full time employment but my employer is insisting that I have an assessment with OH Therapist(?).

My role is in Security but as I am virtually unable to walk and now working alone it is impossible to carry out Security Patrols.

What happens if/when my Employer terminates my Contract?

Will I be basically classed as unemployed and have to sign on?

Will the transfer from DLA (HRM+MRC) to PIP be instigated immediately? etc etc.

Short Background History:-

I suffer Progressive MS and have not been able to do patrols for approx 4 years and so relied on colleagues to do that side of work
leaving me to do desk and paperwork. I now work alone and obviously cannot do what the Client expects hence the assessment.

Does anybody know what I should do or expect.

Thank you all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #154140 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Medical Retirement
S

Despite the name I'm afraid we do not deal with Employment Law on the forum. You should get face to face advice either from your union if you belong to one, or from the CAB if you do not.

There is no specific requirement for you to notify the DWP if your employment ends and even if you did then would not be a reason for you to be invited to claim PIP, however, if you tell the DWP that your conditions have worsened then this would likely result in you being invited.

If you are made unemployed then you have three options;

- do nothing
- Claim JSA, you may be able to negotiate a restricted Job Search agreement
- claim ESA if your GP is prepared to certify you as Unfit for Work

If yo want to have a look at the ESA criteria then you should read the ESA Claim guides on the following link

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #154153 by Seth Laa
Replied by Seth Laa on topic Medical Retirement
Thank you Sir

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris