× Members

Work Capability Questionnaire

More
8 years 2 months ago #154142 by Mr Kim Catherall
Work Capability Questionnaire was created by Mr Kim Catherall
Hello.
I was last assessed on March 31st 2015. I was awarded 15 points, but did not make the support group, so I am not in receipt of any benefits. I am 61 years of age and have more than enough years of NI contributions.

1) Why have I been sent this?
2) Do I need to fill it in as I don't see how they can sanction me?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #154150 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Work Capability Questionnaire
Hi Mr Kim - just a very brief question - which form have you been sent? Are you applying for PIP or ESA?

More
8 years 2 months ago #154171 by Mr Kim Catherall
Replied by Mr Kim Catherall on topic Work Capability Questionnaire
I've not applied for any benefit.
I've been sent an ESA50
The following user(s) said Thank You: cats6

More
8 years 2 months ago #154173 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Work Capability Questionnaire

Mr Kim Catherall wrote: I've not applied for any benefit.
I've been sent an ESA50

Even though your ESA is not in payment, I assume that this is because of the time limiting of Contribution Bases ESA when not in the Support Group, you are technically considered as still having an active claim that is paying you NI Credits that count towards a full State Pension and it is for this reason that a new ESA50 has been issued.

If you want to continue receiving NI Credits then you need to complete the form in detail.

Have you checked whether you could receive Income Related ESA? ESA(IR) is dependant on your household income, your savings and assets, and any hours that your partner works. See

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Also, if you maintain the claim and your conditions deteriorate such that you meet the Support Group criteria then your ESA(CB) will be put back into payment. If your claim is closed for any reason then this option will no longer be available.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr Kim Catherall

More
8 years 2 months ago #154176 by Mr Kim Catherall
Replied by Mr Kim Catherall on topic Work Capability Questionnaire
Gordon.
I cannot claim ESA(IR)
I will check with the DWP to see if I have accrued enough NI contributions to qualify for a full state pension.
If so, I cannot see any poing in filling in the ESA50. If not, then I will have to fill it in (last years will be the template)

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #154195 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Work Capability Questionnaire

Mr Kim Catherall wrote: Gordon.
I cannot claim ESA(IR)
I will check with the DWP to see if I have accrued enough NI contributions to qualify for a full state pension.
If so, I cannot see any poing in filling in the ESA50. If not, then I will have to fill it in (last years will be the template)

Hi MKC,

I would advise that you obtain face to face advice before making the final decision :

See : This Topic

If you do decide to close your ESA claim I would do so formally in writing rather than letting it lapse by not returning your ESA50 :

Sending Documents to the DWP, ATOS, Capita or Maximus.

See also : Get a State Pension statement

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.