× Members

DLA to PIP F2F

More
8 years 1 month ago #154183 by Carolyn Amey
DLA to PIP F2F was created by Carolyn Amey
My 1st post.
I am worried about a F2F.
Sorry this is a yukky question.
I have Crohn's Disease and following 2 surgeries I have short bowel syndrome leading to up to 22 trips a day to the bathroom with regular episodes of incontinence that IC Pants are no help for.
I also have COPD and Crohn's arthritis, GORD and esophageal leiomyoma and currently get high care and mobility on DLA.

If I go out I have to starve myself for up to 6 hours so I do not have any accidents.
This also helps COPD and GORD and the bowel stricture I have from surgery.
Starvation means I have no bloating or pain from the stricture or pressure on my diaphragm. I am generally so much better but with short bowel I am always hungry from malformation so concentration is not so good.

If I have to have a F2F should I starve and risk embarrassing myself or present myself as on a good day?
I am hoping they wont want to have anything to do with me and will pass me on with an ongoing award....... :whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154204 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA to PIP F2F
Hi,

Welcome to Benefits and Work Forum :)

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions in this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I cannot advise what to do regarding your problems !

However, you should make your PIP Assessment Provider (AP) aware of your limitations as early as possible in the PIP Assessment process and request a Home Assessment.

If you can obtain a letter from your G.P. supporting this, attach copy of that to the letter requesting the Home Assessment and include it with your PIP 2 Form.

If you have already returned your PIP 2 Form, you need to contact you PIP AP :

You could contact your PIP Assessment Provider (AP) (ATOS/Capita) by E-mail/Telephone :

Contact Capita.

Contact ATOS PIP (Top right of page)

If you are unsure who your PIP AP is, you can check : Here.

See also :

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

How The PIP Points Scoring System Works.

PIP Self Test

This Post in our Spotlight Area at the top of The forum.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161703 by Carolyn Amey
Replied by Carolyn Amey on topic DLA to PIP F2F
Just about to shut the door and leave for a F2F 40 miles away and Atos rang and cancelled. Anyone else get cancelled that late?

Having the most depressing day ever, from the moment I opened my eyes to the news of Brexit.
The only good thing is that I got the next one just 16 miles away.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161716 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA to PIP F2F
I am so sorry - but not surprised as this happens frequently :angry:

You might want to read this -

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=107189

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.