× Members

How long from medical to notification?

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #154219 by droopy
Hello All,
Had an ESA medical just over two weeks ago, and I am still waiting to know what the results will be. I am currently in the support group and have been for several years. I am fairly sure that I would not have needed to go to the medical if my regular doctor had filled the form in - he was not available that day, and form was intercepted & filled in by another doctor, who did a very cursory job with it. The medical seemed to go well and the interviewer actually told me that she did not believe that my benefit would be affected and not to worry. I am paranoid so it is difficult to completely believe this - in any case, even if this is her recommendation, then she is still not the final decision maker.
How much longer before a decision is made? The waiting is making me (literally) crazy. I live in the Norfolk area, if the region of UK makes a difference.
Thanks again,
Droopy
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #154225 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic How long from medical to notification?
Hi Droopy,

It seems to be taking around 4 weeks for decisions, although that does vary.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #154249 by droopy
Replied by droopy on topic How long from medical to notification?
Thank you very much for your reply. I was starting to worry as to whether there was any significance to the delay (paranoia & I remember it being faster before) but if four weeks is about normal I will try to relax a bit. Thanks again and wishing you a happy weekend.
Droopy.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.