× Members

Pip Home Assessment- no show!

• Nicole
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #154282 by Nicole
Pip Home Assessment- no show! was created by Nicole
So was expecting a PIP Assessment at home this week and no one showed up from Capita. No one called to explain why/ what happened. I phoned the Capita /DWP phone line and was basically fobbed off and another appointment was made for next week. My question is: is this a frequent experience people have had? Should I be expecting them to visit in a week's time or is this just bs? I only sent my pip claim in in February and was suprised to get an assessment date so quickly- how long are people having to wait for home assessments generally? And should I do anything about this missed appointment? Eg: write to dwp to complain? Thanks in advance!
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #154293 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Pip Home Assessment- no show!

Nicole wrote: So was expecting a PIP Assessment at home this week and no one showed up from Capita. No one called to explain why/ what happened. I phoned the Capita /DWP phone line and was basically fobbed off and another appointment was made for next week. My question is: is this a frequent experience people have had? Should I be expecting them to visit in a week's time or is this just bs? I only sent my pip claim in in February and was suprised to get an assessment date so quickly- how long are people having to wait for home assessments generally? And should I do anything about this missed appointment? Eg: write to dwp to complain? Thanks in advance!

Hi N,

Capita PIP Assessors turning up early, late, or not turning up at all is not at all uncommon !!

You could complain to Capita : E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and The DWP if you wish : Complaining to The DWP

Sending Documents to the DWP, ATOS, Capita or Maximus.

See This Post also.

We are also advising members to complain to their M.P. to make them aware of the shambles that the PIP Assessment process is in : Contacting your MP

You can read what to expect at your face to face from around Page 69 of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

The following may help further :

An insight into how the PIP Assessor fills in The PA4 Medical Report : Here.

The latest version of : The PIP Assessment Guide which was updated on 28th July 2015.

You can choose the room where the face to face is to take place in, and the Assessor should not need to see any other rooms.

You can of course point them towards any aids/adaptations that you use, if you wish and you can have someone else present for support who can also take notes !

Good luck and keep us updated !! :)

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.