× Members

NO award at all

More
8 years 2 months ago #154345 by jewel
NO award at all was created by jewel
Just got my letter I have scored NO points at all DLA was high mobility and low rate care !!!!! Don't know what to do. They say I picked my walking stick up from floor I did not theory said I attended alone my daughter took me but waited in the car outside. They say I coulkd stand on right leg and pick up left leg and viceversa yes but only for a few seconds and holding the desk I have fibromyalgia arthritis spinasl stenosis and diabetes and cannot inject myself I wear a wrist brace and cannot use my right hand much but apparently I can. Any help or suggestions appreciated PLEASE. I even enclosed my tribunal result from DWP stating. She is vertually unable to walk. This was a unanimous decision and I also sent them letter from adjudicating medical authority findings that I am handicapped for standing walking bending lifting and that my spinal function is impaired !!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #154360 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic NO award at all
Hi Jewel.

So sorry you are having to cope with these issues as well as your physical/mental health problems.

I guess you haven't requested MR yet? You have a month in which to decide to do so; and during this time you can be gathering together all the information you have about your condition/s and looking again at the PIP form with regard to the answers you gave on the form. You can request a copy of the assessment, and look through this carefully to see where you and the assessor disagree on what you can and can't do. Where the assessor has made a mistake(!) you can then point out where she is wrong, and support your comments with backup from your GP or consultant.

There isn't very much else to do - you know what you are able to do safely, reliably and repeatedly (which is what you have to demonstrate, and which obviously you can't manage to do) - don't get too upset about it (I know, easy for me to say) but concentrate on making sure you present ALL the facts in a clear and concise way. If you didn't use the guides to fill in your form, look at them now and see where you might have presented a stronger case for yourself.

When you do fill in your next form, make sure you send along every piece of (recent) evidence you have and ensure that you mention on the form your award from the tribunal service and their comments. It may well be that the assessor didn't take note of them; it wouldn't be the first or last time this has happened.

Good luck, and if we can help in any other way please get back to us. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jewel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris