× Members

Incapacity Benefit - what was it like before ESA

More
8 years 2 months ago #154375 by DizzyLizzy
Hi.

I realise this is not a classic discussion forum but .. Given the nature of things now, I'm curious, how did the old system work? Was it a letter from your GP all you needed for IB or was other evidence requested.

This system is so utterly soul destroying I'm wondering what was so wrong with it before that anyone felt it necessary to turn it into what we have now. My understanding is it's not costing any less than it did before .. Is that right?

Thanks.

DL
The topic has been locked.
  • bro58
8 years 1 month ago #154394 by bro58

DizzyLizzy wrote: Hi.

I realise this is not a classic discussion forum but .. Given the nature of things now, I'm curious, how did the old system work? Was it a letter from your GP all you needed for IB or was other evidence requested.

This system is so utterly soul destroying I'm wondering what was so wrong with it before that anyone felt it necessary to turn it into what we have now. My understanding is it's not costing any less than it did before .. Is that right?

Thanks.

DL

Hi DL,

Yes, you are correct, this is not a discussion forum ! :)

One of the main differences with IB was that quite a lot of IB recipients were PCA exempt for certain reasons.

The Personal Capability Assessment (PCA) was the test used prior to The Works Capability Assessment (WCA) now used for ESA.

With IB you were simply classed as unfit for work, there was no WRAG or SG !

You can research IB further : Here if you wish to !

I will lock this topic now !

bro58
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.