× Members

ESA

More
8 years 1 month ago #154459 by Pammyd
ESA was created by Pammyd
I thought that when my son Michael was awarded PIP on mental healh grounds his ESA would be looked at as I think he should be in the support group not WRAG, is this not the case?
Any advice would be welcome

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154464 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA
Hi Pammyd,

No, being awarded PIP does not trigger an ESA review. If you believe your son should be in the Support Group you have several options

If less than 13 months has elapsed since the decision to put him in the WRAG you can still request an MR (unless you have already done so) although you would have to show good cause for the lateness.

If more than 13 months has elapsed and/or you can show that your son's condition has deteriorated you can write to DWP and ask for a 'supersession'. This would trigger a reassessment with an ESA50 to complete and possibly a face2face appointment.

Finally, you can wait until he is reassessed and make your best case in the hope that he will be allocated to the Support Group at that stage.

Before doing anything else I recommend that you have a good look at the Support Group descriptors to see which one/s your son matches.

Qualifying for the Support Group

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all queries relating to your son's ESA to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pammyd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris