× Members

Mobility allowance

More
8 years 1 month ago #154481 by benefits61
Mobility allowance was created by benefits61
I have heard many negative comments in press from people sayin 'I wish I could get a new car paid for' or words to that effect. I think as a group we need to explain the myth, disability allowance can be used to fund/lease a car which we don't own. We often have to contribute a huge deposit to get a model that will allow you to get in and out unaided. We probably wouldn't get insurance or it would be very expensive and age related if we owned a car. We have to pay to have a car adapted. Or we can use the money for taxis ( if u can get in and out of them) .
Yes it's a help but please we need our cars.
The topic has been locked.
  • bro58
8 years 1 month ago #154485 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Mobility allowance

annken wrote: I have heard many negative comments in press from people sayin 'I wish I could get a new car paid for' or words to that effect. I think as a group we need to explain the myth, disability allowance can be used to fund/lease a car which we don't own. We often have to contribute a huge deposit to get a model that will allow you to get in and out unaided. We probably wouldn't get insurance or it would be very expensive and age related if we owned a car. We have to pay to have a car adapted. Or we can use the money for taxis ( if u can get in and out of them) .
Yes it's a help but please we need our cars.

Hi ak,

I am afraid that this argument has already been fought and lost !!

Mainly due to the fact that the right wing press held a concerted negative campaign against certain classes of "luxury Motability cars" !

I'll lock this topic now !!

bro58
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.