× Members

Government to make U-turn on disability benefits

• tidley2002
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #154509 by tidley2002
What will happen to the people who have ( like me ) already had their benefits cut.. Will we be reimbursed or have to fight to get back what they took from us. Does anyone know what is going to happen ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154514 by Gordon

tidley2002 wrote: What will happen to the people who have ( like me ) already had their benefits cut.. Will we be reimbursed or have to fight to get back what they took from us. Does anyone know what is going to happen ?

I think you may have misunderstood what has been announced, the Government are saying that they will not now make a change to the PIP to the Descriptors that was scheduled for implementation in January 2017.

This is not a change to anything that is currently in effect.

However, even if this was not the case and the change was in effect, unless special measures were introduced there would be no opportunity to receive money back, claimants are assessed based on the law in effect at the time, that award remains in place until they are re-assessed, which will be done based on the law in effect at that time.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: dribble

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris