× Members

Puzzling delay in decision on PIP claim

More
8 years 1 month ago #154513 by Colin H
I had my PIP medical assessment at the end of January and seem to be not much nearer to getting a decision on my claim. I know from other posts that the process of dealing with claims has slowed down but it is now almost 8 weeks since my assessment.

I have been on DLA higher mobility and care rate for several years now and my blue badge expired last week when my DLA entitlement officially expired on 16 March. I telephoned PIP 10 days ago and was told my claim was still with the decision maker and to phone again after a week. This I did and explained the situation over the blue badge. I was told that my claim was still with the decision maker and promised a phone call back.

This morning I received a phone call from PIP to say that my DLA was extended until March 2017 and that they would send me a copy of the award so that I could apply again for the blue badge. I asked how long the decision would take in regard to the PIP claim and was told that it would be allocated to someone as a matter of urgency!!

I am puzzled as to why, after almost 8 weeks my claim still isn't with a decision maker and am wondering if anyone else has had the same experience?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154518 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Puzzling delay in decision on PIP claim
Colin

I'm afraid it is all too simple, the DWP have cut so many staff that they no longer have enough Decision Makers or Claim Managers to keep up with the number of claims being pushed through the system, consequently in some areas of the country long queues have build up, unfortunately there is nothing you can do until your file reaches the top of the pile.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colin H

More
8 years 1 week ago #157245 by Colin H
Replied by Colin H on topic Puzzling delay in decision on PIP claim
12 and a half weeks after my medical assessment, I telephoned the PIP office this morning and I finally have a result!

I have been given an indefinite award at standard rate for both care and mobility.

Many thanks to Benefits and Work for all your advice and support -it is very much appreciated

Colin

More
8 years 1 week ago #157287 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Puzzling delay in decision on PIP claim

Colin H wrote: 12 and a half weeks after my medical assessment, I telephoned the PIP office this morning and I finally have a result!

I have been given an indefinite award at standard rate for both care and mobility.

Many thanks to Benefits and Work for all your advice and support -it is very much appreciated

Colin

Many congratulations on the award, especially if it is an on-going one,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colin H

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.