× Members

Capita medical over 3 hours 20 minutes long!

More
8 years 1 month ago #154569 by frogsuk
DLA to PIP medical over 3 hours long!
Wet, and soiled myself and told if I wanted to stop I was threatened with another assessment at a later date and then told if I wanted to stop then it would take longer as more evadance would be sought!!! I feel so crap and now stuck in bed again...
What's the longest others have had for the medical?
My Insurance company for life and personal injury was so much shorter and after looking at the evidence, they decided to pay in full... Industrial injuries I was said and awarded for 93% disabled.
This is an awful thing to go through, and is this not a breach of human right the time, pain and discomfort, never mind the mental cruelty as well.
Rant over!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154579 by bro58

iamwhoiam wrote: DLA to PIP medical over 3 hours long!
Wet, and soiled myself and told if I wanted to stop I was threatened with another assessment at a later date and then told if I wanted to stop then it would take longer as more evadance would be sought!!! I feel so crap and now stuck in bed again...
What's the longest others have had for the medical?
My Insurance company for life and personal injury was so much shorter and after looking at the evidence, they decided to pay in full... Industrial injuries I was said and awarded for 93% disabled.
This is an awful thing to go through, and is this not a breach of human right the time, pain and discomfort, never mind the mental cruelty as well.
Rant over!

Hi iawia,

That is awful !!! :(

3 hours and 20 minutes !!!!! it's the longest PIP face to face that I have heard of !!!!

I would most certainly make a very stern complaint to Capita : E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I would also complain to my M.P., especially with all the adverse press regarding PIP this week :

Contacting your MP

You could even complain to The DWP as well : Complaining to The DWP

If you can find out what the PIP Assessor was before coming an Assessor, e.g.Nurse, G.P. etc, you could also complain about them personally to their governing body.

i.e NMC for a Nurse or Midwife

GMC for a Doctor , etc, etc !!!

In the mean time you could wait until after Easter, and then phone the PIP Helpline for an update :

PIP Helpline :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322
Textphone: 0345 601 6677
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Whilst on the phone you could also request copy of your PA4 Medical Report compiled by the Assessor at your face to face.

Good luck and please keep us updated ! :)

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154581 by Judy
Wow that is utterly shocking! Can they do this? Please let us know what happens.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154775 by unBat412Fd
Replied by unBat412Fd on topic Capita medical over 3 hours 20 minutes long!
Hello. I read your post the day, and it's been on my mind ever since. I think the treatment you received was absolutely disgusting. I do hope you have managed to recover. Sending you best wishes!!

More
8 years 1 month ago #154778 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic Capita medical over 3 hours 20 minutes long!
Reading your post yet again really bemused me.
Why you may say!!

I remember reading somewhere that if one has IIDB of over 90% and it is a Life time award, you are under the category of not requiring a F2F for either ESA/DLA/PIP and in fact are probably more likely to get a paper based assessment providing you with ESA/PIP enhanced rates.

IIDB over 75% under a Life time award hails a significant full disability.

Pretty certain you will find some of this in the legal law documents that are used to provide legislation in the courts, cannot think of the proper names, brain fog today.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154796 by Gordon

pusscatsmum wrote: Reading your post yet again really bemused me.
Why you may say!!

I remember reading somewhere that if one has IIDB of over 90% and it is a Life time award, you are under the category of not requiring a F2F for either ESA/DLA/PIP and in fact are probably more likely to get a paper based assessment providing you with ESA/PIP enhanced rates.

IIDB over 75% under a Life time award hails a significant full disability.

Pretty certain you will find some of this in the legal law documents that are used to provide legislation in the courts, cannot think of the proper names, brain fog today.

We can only advise by the information in the public domain and as far as I am aware no such procedures exist, it is certainly not defined in any of the relevant legislation.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.