× Members

coc advice

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #154570 by ourtyler
coc advice was created by ourtyler
I am on DLA high rate mobility middle care my condition has become a lot worse since it was first awarded my mobility is worse my pain levels higher I have a carer to help having spoken to cab and welfare advice they all say wait till the DLA contact you to move over to PIP rather doing a coc and apply for PIP can anyone tell me if they have been through COC and it went ok as quite worried.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #154580 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic coc advice

chrissy wrote: I am on DLA high rate mobility middle care my condition has become a lot worse since it was first awarded my mobility is worse my pain levels higher I have a carer to help having spoken to cab and welfare advice they all say wait till the DLA contact you to move over to PIP rather doing a coc and apply for PIP can anyone tell me if they have been through COC and it went ok as quite worried.

Hi c,

Welcome to Benefits and Work Forum :)

Other members are most welcome to respond to your query regarding going through a C of C.

However, before considering this, you should be aware that the qualifying criteria for PIP and DLA are totally different and you would be assessed under PIP criteria if you reported a C of C.

Specifically in trying to gain an Enhanced PIP Mobility award when changing over to PIP from an existing HR Mobility DLA Award, it is much harder and many people who have had a HR Mobility DLA Award have lost this when transferring over to PIP.

You need to risk assess your chances of success before even contemplating reporting a C of C.

Read through the following which may help you to decided :

PIP Self Test

How The PIP Points Scoring System Works.

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

&

This Post in our Spotlight Area at the top of The forum.

Even if you report a C of C and gain Enhanced PIP Daily Living of PIP there will be no backdating and you could lose your Mobility award all together.

Reporting a C of C will involve you going through the whole PIP Assessment process from scratch, there are no short cuts , and once started, there will be no going back to DLA.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris