× Members

ESA post assessment waiting time ??

More
7 years 11 months ago #155258 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA post assessment waiting time ??
Kop,

If you need to appeal, once the Tribunal Service has accepted it you can come off the JSA and go back to the assessment rate of ESA

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #155261 by King of pain
Replied by King of pain on topic ESA post assessment waiting time ??
hi, thanks for your input folks, Kop,

More
7 years 11 months ago #155501 by King of pain
Hi, phoned my doc today to try to enlist their support ref my mandatory recon, only to be told they dont do letters of support for benefit claimants, they only do letters directly to the dwp in response to a request from them, my question is can i ask to see the docs submission to the dwp, if its accurate then fine but if it doesn't give enough detail / gravity what recourse do i have? can i ask them to re-do it? if they agree to do so can i submit it as further evidence ? do i go private for a second opinion? thanks again, KoP.

• velvet
7 years 11 months ago #155506 by velvet
Replied by velvet on topic ESA post assessment waiting time ??
May I ask when you had your F2F and how long was it from then till you received your decision? thanks!

• bro58
7 years 11 months ago #155518 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA post assessment waiting time ??

King of pain wrote: Hi, phoned my doc today to try to enlist their support ref my mandatory recon, only to be told they dont do letters of support for benefit claimants, they only do letters directly to the dwp in response to a request from them, my question is can i ask to see the docs submission to the dwp, if its accurate then fine but if it doesn't give enough detail / gravity what recourse do i have? can i ask them to re-do it? if they agree to do so can i submit it as further evidence ? do i go private for a second opinion? thanks again, KoP.

Hi Kop,

This is a stance taken by more and more G.P.'s, and in my opinion it's a "cop out" !!

You could try a different G.P. in the practice, and you could discuss this with the Practice Manager.

Unfortunately, G.P.'s are not contractually obliged to provide letters of support for patients even if the patient offers to pay.

In reality DWP seldom contact G.P.'s at all, for ESA in around 25% of all cases, and if they do it would be before a decision has been made, generally in the form of an : ESA 113 Questionnaire.

It is highly unlikely that they will bother to contact your G.P. now, although you could leave a written request with your G.P. reception that you wish to be consulted if your G.P. receives a request for further medical evidence from The DWP.

There is nothing to stop you requesting copy of your Medical Records from your G.P. reception, they cannot refuse, but there will be a charge ;

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

You could then use any relevant extracts as evidence !

There are also options where you may be able to view your Records on the premises then ask for any relevant extracts to be photocopied for you, this can work out cheaper.

bro58

More
7 years 11 months ago #155590 by King of pain
Thanks again bro 58, heres an update of my latest JSA dealings...

Was phoned at 8.30 this morning tand was told that i needed to come back in cos at my 1st meeting the jobcentre bod hadnt done their job properly, and becasue SHE'D given me duff info which i followed n not the book, they were gonna sanction ME !!! and wouldnt be allowed the period of sickness, so then i told em id slipped a disc yesterday and was now virtually immobile so simply wasnt able to do any sitting to do the jobsearching as reqd, oh she says, anyhow cutting a long story short because the disc thing is part of the ongoing i still wouldnt be allowed to do the period of extended sickness thing, so get this one... because i have a cough i should stop the JSA and start a new claim for ESA as its a new medical problem !!!! Like it'll not be gone before the forms even turns up... have you ever. Literally crawled in, 30 minutes of slaver on, got to speak to a manager and despite having to deal with the most stoney faced crab i wasnt backing down and i manged to end up in the 13 week extended sickness period, so at least i dont have to do the whole hoop jumping thing now, jeez, take care for now.

KoP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58, slugsta

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.