× Members

Pip

• Kaz
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #154709 by Kaz
Pip was created by Kaz
Hi
I've had my PIP refused for depression,anxiety and arthritis in my knees and toes . I am unable to work due to my health problems when I had my PIP assessment the paramedic who done it said to me in front of my daughter that I don't look very well anyone would be able to see that then she went through the questions and the activities to see if I could manage to do them in which I struggled a bit. I asked for a copy of the assessment which dwp sent to me as I read through it turned out that the assessor had lied in my report so I asked for a reconsideration which they have done and I was still refused given no points at all and I was told that the assessor did not lie and they don't lie well I beg to differ on that one as I have a lot about atos not being reliable. I have now been diagnosed with fibromyalgia as well now so I would like to know if I would be able to get PIP or would they still refuse .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154723 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Pip
Hi Kaz

Perhaps the decision you made to say that the assessor was a liar wasn't a very good one!! I can understand how you must feel, but it might just tend to muddy the waters on your behalf a little bit!

You don't say whether or not you have decided to appeal against the decision? I would think, given that you have now a different and additional diagnosis, appeal might be a reasonable path to take.

If you can look at the copy of your assessment carefully and see where your actual difficulties lie and where the assessor disagrees with you, then you are in a better position to argue your case. There's not much point in being aggressive about it, if you can show where mistakes were made, logically and carefully presenting your evidence with backup from your various medical professionals, you are in a much better position to be taken seriously and much more likely to gain respect from any tribunal panel. Going in all guns blazing isn't likely to gain any brownie points - or any PIP points in your favour!

Please read through the guides to appeal against PIP decision, be very sure of your facts and go from there.

If we can be of any help with gathering your evidence together, please get back to us. Good luck :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.