× Members

What savings am I allowed

More
8 years 1 month ago #154772 by iank
What savings am I allowed was created by iank
Hello, can anybody tell me how much I am allowed in savings as I am a bit confused about the amounts allowed is it £6k or £16k I am in the support group and worked all my life until I could no longer work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154779 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic What savings am I allowed

iank wrote: Hello, can anybody tell me how much I am allowed in savings as I am a bit confused about the amounts allowed is it £6k or £16k I am in the support group and worked all my life until I could no longer work.

Hi ia,

The capital, assets and savings limit that you speak of is not pertinent to the ESA "group" that you are in (WRAG or Support Group [SG] ) !!

It is pertinent to the "type" of ESA that you being paid (CB or IR) !!

In either "group" if you are being paid Contribution Based (CB) ESA only, the capital, assets and savings limit does not apply at all.

Although, deductions may be made from CB ESA payments if you receive payment of a Works Pension in excess of £85/Week.

If all or any part of your ESA payments are Income Related (IR) ESA then the capital, assets and savings limit applies.

Asset rule for receipt of IR ESA

See also : 24 hour work rule for payment of IR ESA

If you are unsure what "type" of ESA in The SG that you are being paid, you should contact ESA for confirmation : THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)

If you were previously in receipt of Incapacity Benefit (IB) only and were successfully transferred over to ESA, then you would be paid CB ESA.

If you claimed ESA straight from long term employment, then again you would be paid CB ESA.

However, some claimants receive CB ESA with IR ESA top-ups !!

As a guide, a single over 25 year old in The SG in receipt of CB ESA only would receive :

£73.10/Week Personal Allowance + £36.20/Week SG Component Addition.

Total = £109.30/Week (£218.60/Fortnight)

Hope that helps ! :)

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your ESA related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris