× Members

visit from dwp

More
8 years 1 month ago #154817 by dawny
visit from dwp was created by dawny
hi ive had a visit from dwp re my ex . he has been staying the odd ngt ive sent a form in to say my personal circumstances have changed but not heard anything back . im still getting the same money as when we was together a few years ago so I said my details hadn't changed . someone has told me that if he moves back in full time I need to let them know. will they find it fishy if I ring and tell them he may be moving back in after a short time after they have visited me . hes helping with my disabled child and myself as im ill waiting for a operation . Im scared stiff if anyone is watching him coming in . what should I do . im scared ive done wrong

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154818 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic visit from dwp

dawny wrote: hi ive had a visit from dwp re my ex . he has been staying the odd ngt ive sent a form in to say my personal circumstances have changed but not heard anything back . im still getting the same money as when we was together a few years ago so I said my details hadn't changed . someone has told me that if he moves back in full time I need to let them know. will they find it fishy if I ring and tell them he may be moving back in after a short time after they have visited me . hes helping with my disabled child and myself as im ill waiting for a operation . Im scared stiff if anyone is watching him coming in . what should I do . im scared ive done wrong

If he moves in then you must tell the DWP, you can phone but you should follow up the conversation in writing.

I can't tell you whether his moving in will affect your benefit or not, it will depend on your circumstances, whether he has a job, but also on the manner in which he is staying.

As this is an area that we don't normally advise on I would recommend that you get face to face advice from a trained advisor before making any decision on this. Do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154829 by dawny
Replied by dawny on topic visit from dwp
I've just spoke to cab on line and they said if the compliance officer didn't say he would take it any further. So cab said it sounds like they aren't taking it any further . Im on esa use to be on incapacity but iy changed to esa I was on one level I don't understand it , but then when we split up it still was esa but changed to another level . I don't understand it something to do with contribution based and income related . will this change

More
8 years 1 month ago #154856 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic visit from dwp

dawny wrote: I've just spoke to cab on line and they said if the compliance officer didn't say he would take it any further. So cab said it sounds like they aren't taking it any further . Im on esa use to be on incapacity but iy changed to esa I was on one level I don't understand it , but then when we split up it still was esa but changed to another level . I don't understand it something to do with contribution based and income related . will this change

If you are already in touch with the CAB then you should speak to them about how your payments may be affected if your ex moves in with you, you will still need to contact the DWP in writing if he does.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.