× Members

Medical

More
8 years 1 month ago #154613 by Kath
Medical was created by Kath
Hi everyone,

Just been for a medical assessment in Manchester and wondered if anyone else have declined the examination. I was in to much pain and I know if I'd of started trying to bend and twist I would of started my back pain off again.
Also this time the assesser measured my calves and upper arms has anyone else had this done and what is it for?

Thanks all in anticipation

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154618 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Medical

Kath wrote: Hi everyone,

Just been for a medical assessment in Manchester and wondered if anyone else have declined the examination. I was in to much pain and I know if I'd of started trying to bend and twist I would of started my back pain off again.
Also this time the assesser measured my calves and upper arms has anyone else had this done and what is it for?

Thanks all in anticipation

Hi K,

It is fine to refuse to carry out a physical action if it would cause you pain discomfort, etc, as long as you explained why you were refusing.

They usually measure your calf and arm muscles to check for signs of muscle wastage.

The Assessor will now send the ESA85 Medical Report that they would have compiled to the DWP ESA DM who then makes the final decision.

You could give it a week or so then ring ESA for an update : THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)

Please let us know how things pan out ! :)

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your ESA related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154868 by Kath
Replied by Kath on topic Medical
Hi everyone,

Has anybody else declined the ESA medical? I don't know if this will go agInst me but I could not put my back through bending and stretching ax it has been extremely pAinfull and I didn't want to make things worse. Also has anyone else had there calf and arms measured during medical?

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154869 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Medical

Kath wrote: Hi everyone,

Has anybody else declined the ESA medical? I don't know if this will go agInst me but I could not put my back through bending and stretching ax it has been extremely pAinfull and I didn't want to make things worse. Also has anyone else had there calf and arms measured during medical?

Hi K,

I answered your same query : Here just the other day ! :)

I will merge this query with your other topic.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154899 by Kath
Replied by Kath on topic Medical
Hi, yes you did. At the time I didn't know whether I had actually been successful posting sonsentvanother one. Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris