× Members

support group query

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154911 by tector
support group query was created by tector
on my latest esa85a i got placed in support group it says "given the chronicity of the clients mental health condition-long term review is suggested" any ideas what this might mean.

they made no mention of chronic physical conditions whih i now have consultants evidence for

thanks
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154931 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic support group query
Hi tector,

It appears that the assessor certainly accepts that you have health problems which are unlikely to improve in the foreseeable future. However, everyone on ESA will be subject to periodic reassessments. In the normal run of things, 3 years is the longest period between reassessments. However, the system became very backlogged in 2013 and many routine reassessments were suspended, meaning that some people have gone considerably longer than 3 years between the dreaded ESA50 forms.

How often will I be reviewed

At each reassessment you should include all information and supporting evidence about your problems, do not assume that DWP already know anything about you. In addition, you must show that you have not 'adapted' to your condition in such a way that you are no longer limited by it.

As far as your physical health is concerned. The assessor is simply looking to see whether you satisfy at least one of the Support Group descriptors, then they will stop looking at your case and move on to someone else. Hence it is quite common to have some of your conditions go unmentioned once enough information has been gathered in order to make a recommendation to DWP.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: tector

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris