× Members

Esa support group without a medical /home visit?

More
8 years 1 month ago #155005 by Lisa
I suffer with anxiety panic disorder ocd bipolar and struggle to go out I also have stress/urge incontinence I also have a recurrent meningitis and cfs I live alone with my two young children daily life is a struggle with depression can't do anything but my ocd forces me too the chronic fatigue I'm exhausted constantly n the panic attack many daily are making me I'll I'm on all kinds of mens from psychiatrist n doctor n cbt for my ocd. The welfare rights completed my esa app for with just yes no answers so theve sent me appointment for medical I've cancelled it 5tines now as I cannot go due to my mental health besides being suicidal life's a struggle I really don't want dwp doing a home visit dose any one kindly know if I can get placed in the support group without going or them coming to my home if not the best way I can be put in the support group please? Thank u

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155023 by Gordon
Lisa

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm sorry that you are in this situation, unfortunately you have very few options.

Maximus, the Assessment Provider for ESA, do have the option of making a recommendation purely on the papers supplied, however, if your welfare rights advisor has only completed the ESA50 with minimal information then it is very unlikely that they will have sufficient information for them to do this.

Have you spoken to your GP? Would they be prepared to write a letter explaining your conditions and how you are affected? This may provide the missing information that is needed. It is possible that your GP may say that Maximus will contact them if they need more information, if they have not already done so then they will not do so now, so you need to emphasise this to your GP if necessary.

I do have to warn you that your continuing to cancel the appointments for an assessment risks your file being returned to the DWP for failing to participate. From your post you have already gone over the one cancellation normally allowed.

If a letter from your GP does not help, then you can try contacting your MP for support, but they will be limited in what they can do as the decision on whether an assessment is required lies with Maximus.

Contacting your MP

If you have more questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.