× Members

ESA Forms done.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #155043 by jayjaybal
ESA Forms done. was created by jayjaybal
I mentioned on my PIP thread that my brother had been sent a ESA50 is it? Anyway, since he first claimed he's been in the WRAG group but after a couple of appointments job centre staff could see how disabled he was so stopped calling him in. In that case surely he should have been in the support group?

I've just sent the forms off and I'm hoping for a break before the DWP reply to my tribunal submission comes back, I'm knackered! :laugh:

The ESA Guide was really helpful and I appreciate having somewhere that provides this resource. The process is so complicated isn't it?

My DLA to PIP to look forward to later in the year, I'm dreading it already. Just hope I can get my brother sorted before then. :blink:

Sorry, I'm rambling but thanks again for the guide, it really helped focus me on what needed doing. :kiss:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #155046 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Forms done.
Hi Jules,

Yes, the process is complicated. A cynic might think that this was deliberate :angry:

The problem is that eligibility criteria for ESA firstly and Support Group secondly does not look at how ill someone is, per se, nor their capacity for work. That is further complicated by the fact that JobCentre advisers do not understand the system too well either. So it is not unusual for an advisor to feel that someone is too unwell for them to work with, but for that person to still not meet the SG criteria!

I'm glad you found the guides helpful and hope you now understand the criteria against which your brother will be assessed.

Thank you for starting a new topic for this, rather than posting on your PIP topic. Please keep everything relating to your brother's ESA claim here :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jayjaybal

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #155048 by jayjaybal
Replied by jayjaybal on topic ESA Forms done.
Will do, thanks, B)

More
7 years 7 months ago #168117 by jayjaybal
Replied by jayjaybal on topic ESA Forms done.
Still not heard anything back from this as yet, is that normal?

More
7 years 7 months ago #168138 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Forms done.

julesbal wrote: Still not heard anything back from this as yet, is that normal?

I would chase Maximus for an update, there are some areas of the country where there are still considerable delays in the assessment part of the process.

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.