× Members

PIP Medical and now having to have a ESA Medical

• Janine
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #155087 by Janine
I had a home medical assessment for PIP on the 18th March and today I have received a letter asking me to go to Manchester for an ESA Medical. I have rung them and told them I had a home assessment for PIP I would need one for ESA. I was told I need a Drs Letter stating why I need a home assessment. I said to them I had a home assessment for PIP can you not look at that claim as to their medical and they said no. I am so stressed again now. Is this correct?? :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #155098 by slugsta
Hi Janine,

Thank you for starting a new topic relating to your ESA claim, that is very helpful.

The previous letter from your GP will be filed somewhere within DWP and will not be available to the PIP assessors. I'm afraid that home visits are entirely at the discretion of the assessor and are unlikely to be carried out without a letter of support from your GP :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris