× Members

They Stopped doing ESA renewals

More
8 years 1 month ago #155161 by Aurora
Replied by Aurora on topic They Stopped doing ESA renewals
My husband was granted two years in the support group in April 2012, then in 2014 we heard nothing so he was obviously deferred for two years. Then in early Feb this year he was sent the renewal forms to fill in. So it looks like they're promptly getting to the ones who were deferred. Be as ready as you can with filling in paperwork.
He's also been sent an appointment for a face to face this time, whereas last time he was put in Support group just on paperwork alone. As he's got even more wrong with him by now we were surprised they sent for him, so maybe they're trying to see the ones who have never been seen. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155178 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic They Stopped doing ESA renewals

dribble wrote: I thought that once you reached retirement age and are due to get your State Pension, you wouldn't get any more ESA forms?

I get mine in 2017 and was hoping I wouldn't receive another form!!!! :sick:

Yes, when a claimant reaches State Retirement Age their entitlement ceases, but there is nothing in the ESA Regulations the prevents re-assessment as the claimant approaches that age, DWP procedures may set a date after which an assessment would not be initiated, but this information is not in the public domain. We have certainly seem other members who are older than you being re-assessed for ESA.

Sorry

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: dribble

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.