× Members

P I P Beware - Read this

More
8 years 1 month ago #155197 by Jimmy
P I P Beware - Read this was created by Jimmy
A week last Wednesday, I went for my Warfarin check up at my local GP, it is the same surgery where P I P assessments are been carried out. While I was waiting for my GP appointment I noticed the Lady assessor coming from the room used by P I P and she went into reception area. Few minutes later a younger Lady came out of the same room with her mobile phone and stood near the main GPs entrance. It looked very much like the second Lady was spying into the car park and using her camera. Both Ladies went back into the room just as I went into my GP. Looked very much like they were working together.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155203 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic P I P Beware - Read this
Hi Jimmy and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Yes, we do warn people that they might be watched as they arrive at, and leave, the assessment building. You should also assume that how you actually travel to the venue will form part of the assessment.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #155208 by Jimmy
Replied by Jimmy on topic P I P Beware - Read this
Thank you for the info....new on here. Still waiting for my P I P assessment change over from my DLA and so very pleased that you are here to help.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155218 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic P I P Beware - Read this
We will be happy to help support you through the process. You could get a bit ahead of the game by reading our PIP guides and starting to collect supporting evidence before the letter lands on your doorstep.

PIP help for claimants

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #155269 by Jimmy
Replied by Jimmy on topic P I P Beware - Read this
Thank you, knowing you are there is good.
My Wife who is a lot younger than I, has had a condition called Central Core Disease, it is a branch off Muscular Dystrophy and has had this since birth some 50 years ago. Her Father also has Central core disease and is in a wheelchair and unable to walk, he broke his leg and the bones will not mend.
Anyway my wife went for her P I P assessment on Wednesday last, she came back pretty confident but I said do not jump the gun. She at the moment receives DLA Motability and low rate care. The ATOS Lady was French and had difficulty expressing the questions and also understanding the answers my Wife gave her. At no time could my Wife or my Daughter , who went along for support could see the computer screen or what was been written down.
The French lady did say as my Wife left - I will put you down for a follow up review in 5 years when you may need more help, this tells me that she has recommended a low or no help.
Look forward to your thoughts
Kindest regards Jim.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155280 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic P I P Beware - Read this
Jimmy

I've long ago given up trying to predict the results of a claim based on how the assessment went, we've seen far to many members report the best interview they could have hoped for only to receive no points and others tell us how bad it had gone to receive an Enhanced award for both components.

Decisions are currently taking 3-5 weeks/

Best of luck

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.