× Members

ESA mandatory reconsideration

More
8 years 1 month ago #155219 by Rebecca
ESA mandatory reconsideration was created by Rebecca
Hello all.
May I ask advice about the process to apply for the above, please ?

I have had SDA for 23 yrs, was called to a face to face assessment, it was cancelled after I had been there for well over an hr as the Nurse said he was not qualified to deal with me, was re-arranged, cancelled again and I finally went a couple of wks ago.

I was phoned last Thursday and told I was not going to get any ESA at all, I had 6 points, but was fit to work.
I argued my case a little but gave up as it was clear the lady was not going to back down ( despite contradicting herself a few times )
I then said I would appeal. She told me I had to go through this process now.

My letter has arrived, with the assessment included, and I have tried to contact DWP ( engaged ) and the local CAB ( engaged ) for advice.
Do I need a certain process of writing this or just that it is my intention ? And do I need to ring and write ? I couldn't find a template letter on here.

I would be grateful of any advice.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #155223 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA mandatory reconsideration
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You can request a Mandatory Reconsideration over the phone but we do suggest that you follow this up in writing - that makes it less easy to overlook it!

There is no specific template, you do not need to say much initially - just that you do not believe DWP realised the severity of your condition. However, it is wise to also point to the areas there you believe you should score points and to show where that was covered in your initial application. You need 15 points to qualify for ESA - or to qualify under the Exceptional Circumstances rule. If you have any extra information or evidence you can send it in too.

This is all covered in detail in our ESA guide

ESA claims and appeals

It is also worth asking for a copy of the ESA85 form that would have been completed by your assessor. This will help you understand how the decision was reached. If you wish you can submit a Subject Access Request for all paperwork associated with the claim but DWP have up to 40 days to comply with this. Either way, you should not let this delay your MR request, you have 1 month from the date of the decision letter.

Having read our ESA guide, please reply to this message with further questions and we will do our best to help.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your ESA related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155226 by Rebecca
Replied by Rebecca on topic ESA mandatory reconsideration
Thank you and my sincerest apologies for being a total dullard and starting a new topic.

I can't apologise enough :(

More
8 years 1 month ago #155237 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA mandatory reconsideration

Rebecca wrote: Thank you and my sincerest apologies for being a total dullard and starting a new topic.

Don't stress about it, the reason we ask members to keep all their posts in one topic is that it makes it easier for us to give members the correct advice.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #155247 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA mandatory reconsideration

Rebecca wrote: Thank you and my sincerest apologies for being a total dullard and starting a new topic.

Don't worry, we rarely shoot anyone the first time! :silly: :silly:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.