× Members

PIP tribunal success now ESA50 questionnaire!

More
8 years 1 month ago #155231 by wotnot
Hi All
Having just been through a stressful, although ultimately successful, PIP tribunal, in the same post as I received my decision and Certificate of Entitlement, I also received an ESA50 questionnaire for ESA.

My PIP award is for Enhanced Care and Mobility for 3 years so is it worth me sending them the tribunal's findings etc and if I do are they likely to take that all into consideration or will I have to go through all the medical debacle again? As well as being extremely stressful it's also very very tiring and my understanding is that the PIP criteria is far more stringent than ESA.

Any thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155235 by shelam
Hi wotnot

Congratulations on surviving the PIP ordeal and winning!! Well done.

As for the ESA, well, if you are applying for it, you will have to go through the process; fill in the form using the guides on the website, noting that the criteria are very different and need a different approach; if you don't feel that you fit in to any particular category 'nicely' then explain that you have different issues, and note your differences in the spaces available.

Collect all your supportive evidence, and yes, send the tribunals findings as well - it certainly won't do any harm. Whether the ESA assessor and decision maker actually take notice of the award is another matter - they don't HAVE to do so.

I appreciate it is very stressful; but after managing to get through - and win - a tribunal hearing, I'm sure you'll manage! PIP IS much more stringent - take heart from that.

Good luck. :)

I

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris