× Members

DLA to PIP - 10 weeks and counting

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155341 by Comfort
DLA to PIP - 10 weeks and counting was created by Comfort
Hello All,

I had my DLA -middle care-high mobility-indefinate award period conversion to PIP face to face Assessment 10 weeks ago.

I was advised at the end of the Assessment that I would have the result in 4 6 weeks.

At 8 weeks I rang PIP and spoke to a very nice Gentleman who said the system showed that an entry had been logged on 22 Feb '16 that they now had enough information to pass the Assessor Report to the Decision Maker. The gentleman said that was out of order to wait so long as the info for a decision was available 22 Feb '16 and he would put a 'nudge' on the case and I should have a response in week 9.

Now at the end of week 10 and nothing.

Has anyone else had this long a wait for results? Are they trying to do too many at once so not meeting the timescales? is this a common occurrence? my case is complex, is it possible they are unable to make a decision? Have they hung on to all cases where aids are involved in order to remark after the original budget cuts and now there has been a shelving of those cuts, they have a massive backlog of cases where aids are used?

I would be most grateful for feedback from anyone whose result was due back before the Budget.

Kind Regards
Comfort

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #155352 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA to PIP - 10 weeks and counting
Hi Comfort and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

We have seen the PIP assessment and decision process slow down considerably since the New Year, after it seemed to have speeded up at the end of last year/ The reason/s for this have not been made public but pressure of work would be my guess.

The 'downgrading' of points awarded for the use of aids was not due to be implemented until 2017, so this cannot be having any effect on current assessments.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Comfort

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155355 by Colin H
Replied by Colin H on topic DLA to PIP - 10 weeks and counting
Hi Comfort

I too have been waiting for a PIP decision following my medical assessment at the end of January! I was also told to expect a decision in 4 to 6 weeks and have telephoned them several times now - the last time was 2 weeks ago when I was told that my file would be allocated to a decision maker as 'a matter of urgency' but of course I'm still waiting :dry:

Let's hope we hear very soon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Comfort

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #155995 by Colin H
Replied by Colin H on topic DLA to PIP - 10 weeks and counting
Just an update on waiting times for a decision after a medical assessment for PIP. I telephoned the PIP office last week after I had been waiting 10 weeks after my assessment. I had a call back from them this morning and they told me that waiting times are currently 8 to 12 weeks for a decision!
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, Comfort

More
8 years 4 days ago #157207 by Star jacks
Replied by Star jacks on topic DLA to PIP - 10 weeks and counting
Hi Colin

I was glad to read your post as i too have been waiting 10 weeks for my PIP decision. I had my assessment in Feb and was told 4-6 weeks. Ive been post watching for the dreaded brown envelope and the stress in doing my head in!
In the middle of this i had to do my ESA renewal too which i wasn't expecting so am bit fed up with all to put it mildly!

I suppose i too will just have to wait bit longer then :(

More
7 years 11 months ago #157718 by Star jacks
Replied by Star jacks on topic DLA to PIP - 10 weeks and counting
Update....Have my decision AT LAST took 11weeks. Was also good news!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.