× Members

esa

More
8 years 6 months ago #151788 by mikayla
esa was created by mikayla
I received a renewal form for ESA,I am in the support group,how long before you hear back from them,been 11 weeks now,I'm in South West Scotland.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #151799 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic esa

mikayla wrote: I received a renewal form for ESA,I am in the support group,how long before you hear back from them,been 11 weeks now,I'm in South West Scotland.

Hi m,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

On the assumption that you have received your ESA50 and already returned it to : The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA) (aka HAAS) (Maximus) who took over the ESA WCA Contract from ATOS on 02/03/15.

(If not please let us know where you are up to in your reassessment process)

You would need to contact Maximus as above, and/or The DWP ESA for an update :

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)

If 11 weeks have passed since returning your ESA50, it may be that Maximus have made a paper based assessment and returned your file to The DWP.

Maximus should be able to confirm this !!

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your ESA related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 5 months ago #154698 by mikayla
Replied by mikayla on topic esa
Hi ,I had an assessment appointment today at 3-45pm,the letter informing me of the appointment was sent to my Husband as an appointee,I have never appointed him for anything and certainly not for ESA assessment/forms/conversations,as it was addressed to him he put it in a basket on top of the fridge thinking it was junk mail,fortunately he cleared it out on monday and discovered it.

I was happy to keep the appointment,I also phoned DWP to ask why this had been sent to him rather than myself,a manager is supposed to call me back tomorrow.

I attended the appointment and explained to the clerk about the mix up,he said he could change that on the system,he soon found out he was unable to correct it and was baffled by it,I sat in the waiting area for approx 10 minutes when he asked me to go up to reception again,he informed me that my assessment was unable to go ahead as a Doctor was not available,he looked in my file and said it was clear that I would need a doctor to assess me and not another ie;nurse etc,so no assessment today which I had got myself worried about,hubby took a day off work without pay,does this happen often to others,the clerk said I should be seen within the next 3 weeks.

• bro58
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #154718 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic esa

mikayla wrote: Hi ,I had an assessment appointment today at 3-45pm,the letter informing me of the appointment was sent to my Husband as an appointee,I have never appointed him for anything and certainly not for ESA assessment/forms/conversations,as it was addressed to him he put it in a basket on top of the fridge thinking it was junk mail,fortunately he cleared it out on monday and discovered it.

I was happy to keep the appointment,I also phoned DWP to ask why this had been sent to him rather than myself,a manager is supposed to call me back tomorrow.

I attended the appointment and explained to the clerk about the mix up,he said he could change that on the system,he soon found out he was unable to correct it and was baffled by it,I sat in the waiting area for approx 10 minutes when he asked me to go up to reception again,he informed me that my assessment was unable to go ahead as a Doctor was not available,he looked in my file and said it was clear that I would need a doctor to assess me and not another ie;nurse etc,so no assessment today which I had got myself worried about,hubby took a day off work without pay,does this happen often to others,the clerk said I should be seen within the next 3 weeks.

Hi m

It's not at all unusual to have your face to face cancelled last minute, as they have staffing problems and double and triple book appointments to suit themselves.

They must give you at least 7 days written notice for a fresh appointment, and you should contact : The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA) (aka HAAS) (Maximus) who took over the ESA WCA Contract from ATOS on 02/03/15 to complain and ensure that as this cancellation was not your fault, that they do not class it as one of your two opportunities to take part in your ESA face to face.

You could also complain to your M.P. as the more they are made aware of the many failings in this system the better : Contacting your MP

See also : This Post in our Spotlight Area at the top of The forum.

I will merge your other ESA topic with this one for continuity.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further ESA queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 5 months ago #155350 by mikayla
Replied by mikayla on topic esa
My husband received a letter around 3 march,he thought it was junk mail and put it in our letter basket,on monday 21st march I cleared out the basket and discovered this letter was for me but addressed to my hubbie as an appointee,thankfully I opened it on the 21st as an appointment had been made for me for 23rd march,

I called to ask why it had been sent to him and they told me he was down as my appointee,I have never had hubbie for appointee for anything,never offered to do anything about it.

Went to the assessment centre at the appropriate time on 23rd,sat for a while and was called to reception desk,the clerk said I could'nt be seen that day as they had just noticed that I should only be seen by a doctor and none was available,arghhhhhhhhhhh

I called DWP and med assessors to complain,all they said was that they could only apologise.

Roll on to wednesday 30th march,I received a letter from med assessers to say DO NOT GO TO THIS APPOINTMENT,IT HAS BEEN CANCELLED,obviously in bold letters,the letter was dated 25th March,2 days after the assessment date.

I called both again and was promise da call back from a manager,the DWP did call back to say my hubbie had been my appointee since 2003,not true,so I then asked why was the letter postponing the assessment sent to me and not my hubbie,answer,do you wish to make a complaint,of course I do,told someone would call within 48 hours,no one has called as yet,during one phone conversation I was told myself and hubbie would have to write letters to jobcentre plus to have his name removed,not going to bother,will just watch for letters coming as at home 99% of the time.

One person did say this is'nt right is it,what could I answer arghhhhhh now waiting for another date and hubbie will then lose 2 days pay.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #155354 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic esa
Hi Mikayla,

I have merged your query with your previous topic about your ESA. It helps us enormously if everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place!

It sounds as if this ESA reassessment has been a shambles right from the start! You can complain to DWP and Maximus. In addition, you might want to let your MP know how people are being treated.

Complaining to the DWP

Contact CHDAUK (Maximus)

Contacting your MP

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your ESA related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.