× Members

Unexpected PIP home visit.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155417 by citymike
Unexpected PIP home visit. was created by citymike
Hi everyone
While I am waiting for my DLA-PiP transfer, a friend of mine received his form in November and returned it completed in December.
On Saturday he received a letter from Atos giving him a date for a home assessment, something he was not expecting.
He lives in the Bristol area, and I recall reading on this forum recently of someone having a home visit from an assessor from outside the area as Atos are trying to catch up with the backlog.It seems this maybe true.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #155430 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Unexpected PIP home visit.

citymike wrote: Hi everyone
While I am waiting for my DLA-PiP transfer, a friend of mine received his form in November and returned it completed in December.
On Saturday he received a letter from Atos giving him a date for a home assessment, something he was not expecting.
He lives in the Bristol area, and I recall reading on this forum recently of someone having a home visit from an assessor from outside the area as Atos are trying to catch up with the backlog.It seems this maybe true.

Hi cm,

I am not sure what point you are trying to make, other than ATOS are far more reluctant to offer Home Assessments than Capita. :)

ATOS are The PIP AP for the Bristol Area :

You can check : Here.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158846 by citymike
Replied by citymike on topic Unexpected PIP home visit.
As i said my friend had a home visit just over a month ago, something he was not expecting.
He said the assessor was a former Paramedic and was very pleasant.
Today he received his decision. He has gone from LRC and HRM of DLA to standard care and enhanced mobility.
CM

More
7 years 11 months ago #158879 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Unexpected PIP home visit.

citymike wrote: As i said my friend had a home visit just over a month ago, something he was not expecting.
He said the assessor was a former Paramedic and was very pleasant.
Today he received his decision. He has gone from LRC and HRM of DLA to standard care and enhanced mobility.
CM

They must be pleased to have received a higher award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.