× Members

Needs prompting to be able to undertake any journ

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155504 by SANDRA
Re - needs prompting to be able to undertake any journey ...Can someone please explain what this actually means ? My husband does not use public transport , he drives everywhere . He goes to work but if going anywhere else I am always with him as he is not comfortable on his own. Every unfamiliar journey has to be carefully planned before we go ie parking , access etc as he finds it very stressful and becomes anxious .
He does not use public transport as he has limited mobility and can't walk to the bus stop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #155540 by slugsta
Hi Sandra and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

This is always a difficult situation and I'm afraid I can't give you a straightforward answer. Your husband will have to explain why he needs prompting, what form that takes and what will happen if he is not prompted. He will also have to explain how he manages to drive to work as the descriptor refers to any journey.

The best thing you can do is have a good read of the PIP guide which covers all the descriptors in detail. If. after that, you have further questions please reply to this message and we will do our best to help.

PIP help for claimants

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.