× Members

ESA and DLA

More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #155614 by stripey1877
ESA and DLA was created by stripey1877
I have just been sent an ESA form to complete, I am currently getting both higher rates of DLA and have a Motobility car, which has been a godsend. Does this mean by completing this form I now have to go out and find work and I will no longer get DLA and have to return the car. I should mention I currently get ESA. Please ca anyone help? [phrase removed]. :(
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by Gordon. Reason: phrase removed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155641 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA and DLA

stripey1877 wrote: I have just been sent an ESA form to complete, I am currently getting both higher rates of DLA and have a Motobility car, which has been a godsend. Does this mean by completing this form I now have to go out and find work and I will no longer get DLA and have to return the car. I should mention I currently get ESA. Please ca anyone help? [phrase removed]. :(

ESA and DLA are totally separate benefits, so there is no reason why your DLA would be affected even if you lost your ESA.

As to your ESA, this is just a re-assessment of your claim, everybody's ESA is re-assessed on a regular basis, so this is nothing unusual. If you have an existing award then it has been accepted that you have an illness or condition that prevents you from working.

You need to complete the form in detail and provide any evidence that you have to support your claim.

If you have a look at our ESA Claim guides, they explain the process and the criteria against which you are being assessed against, See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

If you have any further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.