× Members

Does moving house auto trigger new assessment ?

• Salford Silver Surfer
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #155620 by Salford Silver Surfer
Does moving house auto trigger new assessment ? was created by Salford Silver Surfer
I am a Carer of my brother , who is in receipt of ESA & awaiting PIP decision . We live together . If We move , because of my health necessities & my brother , who lives with me has no option but to come with me - will we have to re-apply for all benefits ? I know , in the future , as myself & my brother age we may have to seek a House with easier access. I am the Home Owner.
Dread the thought of going through all the processes again.,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155648 by Gordon

Bro 67 wrote: I am a Carer of my brother , who is in receipt of ESA & awaiting PIP decision . We live together . If We move , because of my health necessities & my brother , who lives with me has no option but to come with me - will we have to re-apply for all benefits ? I know , in the future , as myself & my brother age we may have to seek a House with easier access. I am the Home Owner.
Dread the thought of going through all the processes again.,

There's no reason why a change of address would result in a re-assessment except by coincidence.

Make sure that you inform both the ESA and PIP departments (and DLA if a transfer) of the change of address in writing. I would recommend that you get your mail forwarded for at least a couple of months if you can afford it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Salford Silver Surfer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris