× Members

Does moving house auto trigger new assessment ?

• Salford Silver Surfer
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155620 by Salford Silver Surfer
Does moving house auto trigger new assessment ? was created by Salford Silver Surfer
I am a Carer of my brother , who is in receipt of ESA & awaiting PIP decision . We live together . If We move , because of my health necessities & my brother , who lives with me has no option but to come with me - will we have to re-apply for all benefits ? I know , in the future , as myself & my brother age we may have to seek a House with easier access. I am the Home Owner.
Dread the thought of going through all the processes again.,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155648 by Gordon

Bro 67 wrote: I am a Carer of my brother , who is in receipt of ESA & awaiting PIP decision . We live together . If We move , because of my health necessities & my brother , who lives with me has no option but to come with me - will we have to re-apply for all benefits ? I know , in the future , as myself & my brother age we may have to seek a House with easier access. I am the Home Owner.
Dread the thought of going through all the processes again.,

There's no reason why a change of address would result in a re-assessment except by coincidence.

Make sure that you inform both the ESA and PIP departments (and DLA if a transfer) of the change of address in writing. I would recommend that you get your mail forwarded for at least a couple of months if you can afford it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Salford Silver Surfer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.