× Members

PIP mandatory reconsideration

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #155045 by Deg Peard
Replied by Deg Peard on topic PIP mandatory reconsideration
She is on income related esa support group and has enhanced disablement premium which we were informed were for herself. There was no mention of there being a premium for myself in her esa payment .
I presume she HAS to inform them of my change of circumstance?? That being the dla to pip being unsuccessful?Every point of contact with them being quite distressing at what nasty surprises may be awaiting next!
The worry (on top of my own pip reconsideration) is that on some 'goverment' web site it said UC was rolling out in full in most areas. Hope you can help what to do. thankyou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 4 weeks ago #155050 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP mandatory reconsideration

Deg Peard wrote: She is on income related esa support group and has enhanced disablement premium which we were informed were for herself. There was no mention of there being a premium for myself in her esa payment .
I presume she HAS to inform them of my change of circumstance?? That being the dla to pip being unsuccessful?Every point of contact with them being quite distressing at what nasty surprises may be awaiting next!
The worry (on top of my own pip reconsideration) is that on some 'goverment' web site it said UC was rolling out in full in most areas. Hope you can help what to do. thankyou

Hi DP,

Forget UC for now, it is well behind schedule and it was only IDS that was pushing it along as it was "his baby" !

If your wife receives The Enhanced Disability Premium (EDP) that is paid for her being in the Support Group (SG) of ESA so that shouldn't be affected.

As "one" of the criteria for entitlement to The Severe Disability Premium (SDP) is a MR or HR DLA Care Award or a Standard or Enhanced PIP Daily Living Award, loss of any of any of the above would also cause loss of The SDP payment, if you were previously in receipt of it.

See : Income Related (IR) ESA Premiums

IR ESA is always paid for a couple with one of the couple as the lead claimant.

DLA nor PIP is classed as income in the IR ESA means test, and even though ESA should be aware of your wife failing to gain a PIP award on transfer from DLA, you may be best advised to inform ESA in writing.

Address the letter to the Benefits Office/Centre address on her most recent ESA letter :

Sending Documents to the DWP.

You could include a photocopy of the adverse PIP Decision Notice letter along with a covering note.

If you are in receipt of Housing Benefit (HB) and/or Council Tax Support, you could also inform your local Council/LA department that administers that.

As long as you are being paid any amount of IR ESA, (even a penny) there should be no adverse effect on your maximum HB and CTS entitlement.

bro58

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #155053 by Deg Peard
Thankyou. However it was me who was unsucessfull on dla to pip transfer. My wife is in reciept of dla and esa support group. I presume it is still strictly necessary for her to inform them of my dla to pip failure?

More
8 years 4 weeks ago - 8 years 4 weeks ago #155066 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP mandatory reconsideration
DP

The simplest thing is for her to inform them and they can sort out if there is any impact to her ESA payments or not, but I can understand your reluctance to do so if there is no need.

Technically you are part of her ESA claim if she is receiving Income Related ESA and so changes to your circumstances must be notified to the DWP.

The rules surrounding payment of the Severe Disability Premium can be complicated, but to give you a basic starting point, both of you would need to have been receiving DLA MRC or HRC to qualify. If this is not the case then your DLA ending should have not affect on her ESA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 4 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #155072 by Deg Peard
Many thanks Gordon and Bro58 for all the information. Good to know that theres someone to turn to and ask these questions. Thanks DP

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155712 by Deg Peard
DLA to PIP unsuccessful. Have asked for copy of assessment report and my own claim form to be sent 10 days ago. They have not arrived. I have contacted them again today and was told that as far as they were concerned the reports had been sent over a week ago and that they do not and will not send them again! Now 17days have elapsed since their decision that I should go from a high need benefit to none! (and the loss of car for mobility). I dont see how I can effectively make the mandatory reconsideration without all the information. Is it right that I am not entitled to the information or is it just another dwp attempt at making sure that I will not be successful at reconsideration or appeal? The assessors decision being mostly made on blatant lies, omissions, and 'turning a blind eye'! Help! Thankyou D

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.