× Members

SDP Refused

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156099 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic SDP Refused
Colin

Your link refers to another document than the FOI, but from I can see you have a case.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158267 by Colin
Replied by Colin on topic SDP Refused
Hi all,
OK so after being turned down for the SDP.
we put in our MR and waited, the letter was signed for on the 22/4/16. after not hearing anything we called them yesterday and was told someone will call back in 3 hrs. Today after 24 hrs we called again and it was escalated and someone would call back in an hr, again no call back. We called again and was told that my MR was denied because I had no entitlement to SDP under ESA REGS.

I had a really nice person for once and she said she would go through the claim form with me there and then on the phone, which we did and of course the computer said no. She asked me why i thought that i was and i quoted the ESA regs regarding " qualifying young persons " making my 19 yr old daughter a "dependant"

She left promising to call back and she actually did, 3 further calls from different people confirming child benefits and my daughters student status with the final one agreeing that SDP is payable and my backdated payments will be paid in the next couple of days.

I was REPEATEDLY told that I was not entitled to this top up and it just shows that you have fight them all the way.

Big thanks B&W :)

More
7 years 11 months ago #158269 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic SDP Refused
Colin

Well done. I don't think we and in particular I can take any credit for this, it was all your own work. I've updated my notes on SDP to include this definition, so thank you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colin

More
7 years 11 months ago #158272 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic SDP Refused
Well done Colin! You believed you were entitled to this and you didn't let go until you had proved your point. It just goes to show that the 'little man' can win :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Colin

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.