× Members

Appeals.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155999 by Faery
Appeals. was created by Faery
I have a date; later this month. I'm sending off the doctor's letters in support today. Wish me luck! Is there anything I should know when presenting at the appeal? I have highlighted where my experience differs from that written by the assessor, should I be tackling these one at a time? I don't want to get into trouble by saying the assessor was wrong, or that she lied (she was wrong and lied) but I do want to make it clear that there are things that I was not asked about and that cannot possibly have happened.
Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #156042 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Appeals.
Faery

Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria for the award that you believe you should have, once you have shown this you can go back to the assessment report to show why the assessors report conclusions are incorrect.

You can submit further content to the appeal up to about 10 days before the hearing.

It will be a three person panel, a Judge or Solicitor who will control proceedings, a doctor who will ask most of the questions and a person with experience of disability issues.

Don't do anything for the hearing that you would not normally do, so if you have issues with washing and bathing don't feel that you need to have a shower just because of the hearing!

Try and take a moment to make sure you understand the question being aske before replying,

You'll have an opportunity at the end of the hearing to bring up any points that you feel have been missed.

Best of luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faery

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156861 by Faery
Replied by Faery on topic Appeals.
I have trouble dressing but I'm not going naked! :lol:
Seriously though, thank you. I'm very nervous. I have good days and bad days. To look at me you wouldn't know anything was wrong, but I have AS as well as Ulcerative Colitis. I don't leave the house without clean underwear and then, due to psoriatic arthritis, which the doctor has pointed out I have had for over 20 years, I have trouble with buttons, zips etc.
We shall see, but thank you for the advice. At least I know what to expect now.

More
8 years 1 week ago #157395 by Faery
I'm going tomorrow. I've read through everything and ended up in tears again.
Will the doctors letters make any difference? I'm really wondering if it's worth it, it's feeling really huge now and I'm scared I'll cry and that they won't believe me. The stuff that's written in both strange and a nonsense but I don't see how I can get them to believe me and the doctor if they don't already.
Sorry, very wobbly tonight. :S

More
8 years 1 week ago #157409 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Appeals.

Faery wrote: I'm going tomorrow. I've read through everything and ended up in tears again.
Will the doctors letters make any difference? I'm really wondering if it's worth it, it's feeling really huge now and I'm scared I'll cry and that they won't believe me. The stuff that's written in both strange and a nonsense but I don't see how I can get them to believe me and the doctor if they don't already.
Sorry, very wobbly tonight. :S

The panel are independent of the DWP and will look at your claim from scratch. It will be intimidating but this is your best chance of you getting the award you believe you should have.

I felt sick the whole day before my appeal and really did not want to go, but I decided I had nothing to lose and went and won.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 week ago #157475 by Faery
Mum lost. She's not up to anything at the moment, she's in pieces. I will get her to re-apply as soon as I find out when we can.
I.C.
x

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.