× Members

PIP help needed - which professionals you see.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156058 by Wednesday13
Hi,

Before I continue I'll tell you what my disabilities are, I am bipolar, dyslexic, OCD, social anxiety and general anxiety and insomnia. I am on anti-psychotics, antidepressants and sleeping tablets. I've been on these meds for a long time.

So after waiting two weeks my PIP form was delivered today. I am stuck on the first question, 'which professionals you see' I understand the question, but don't know who I should put down. My GP has been on maternity leave for about a year. I see a different GP each month I go for my meds. Actually I think I see a locum. So I don't know what GP to put down on my form.

Last year I made the mistake of telling my psychiatrist that I didn't feel suicidal anymore, and was feeling better than I had previously. She signed me off, the last time I saw anyone was last summer. Christmas 2015 I had a breakdown and tried to kill myself. I saw someone at my local surgery who re-referred me to the adult mental health team. It took 3 months to get an appointment. It was for an assessment, which I've had before but this didn't go so well. They wouldn't let me see anyone, no CPN or psychiatrist. Despite my mental state. Apparently they no longer have the funding, and would only let me see anyone if I'm under an care order or something like that. They told me to go to the mind centre. I've got an appointment there tomorrow. Can I put someone from the mind center down as a professional?

This PIP form is very daunting and I'm really unsure of who to put down as my professional, can anyone advise me who to put on the form? I contacted my GP surgery and apparently they still don't know when my GP will be back from maternity leave. She was the only GP ive actually been able to talk to and feel she'd be better to put on the form, but I don't know what to do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #156067 by slugsta
Hi Wednesday and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

It is unfortunate that your usual GP is not available but not insurmountable. To be honest, the assessment providers rarely contact the claimant's healthcare professional anyway! For this reason we suggest that you should submit any evidence (letters etc) that you have rather than relying on DWP/ATOS/Capita to do it!

You do need to put something on your form though. You could put the name of your own GP, even though she is away, or the name of the Senior Partner. You could also ask for a message to be put on your GP records, asking them to contact you before filling out any such forms.

You can include the name of whoever you see at 'MIND' as long as this person is a qualified health professional (rather than a voluntary worker).

The PIP form can be very daunting, I suggest you have the PIP guide open and take things one step at a time.

PIP help for claimants

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.