× Members

Do I need to send in a sick note with ESA50 form?

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156066 by calmbrain1
When I filled in my first ESA50 form to transfer from incapacity benefit to ESA (nearly 3 years ago) I remember returning the form with a sick note from my GP (as was demanded.) I was placed in the support group.

Now I am filling out this same (but updated) form but I can't see anything on the form or anything in the Benefits and Work ESA guide, telling me that I need to send in a sick note with this form.

I am worried that I may have overlooked something as there is so much information to take in. Or has the policy of sending in sick notes with this form changed?

Many thanks to anyone who replies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #156070 by slugsta
Hi Calmbrain and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Are you currently on ESA and being reassessed, or are you re-applying after a period off it?

If you are currently in receipt of ESA then you have already been assessed as being 'not fit for work' and do not need to submit a Dr's certificate. If you are reapplying after a period off the benefit, for whatever reason, then you need to submit a GP certificate (fitnote) to support your claim.

Either way, you should treat this form as you did your first application and complete it in detail. Don't assume that the assessor knows anything about you or your condition as it is unlikely that s/he will have access to your previous records. I suggest you make full use of our ESA guides.

ESA claims and appeals

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your ESA related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.