× Members

ESA Appeal

More
7 years 10 months ago #159765 by KG55
Replied by KG55 on topic ESA Appeal
Thank you Gordon and apologies for the delay in acknowledging. The appeal date has now come through and it's just over three weeks away and we have to submit any papers at least 7 days in advance. Last week he had another scan which has revealed new information so we are trying to get a copy of this and a report from the GP as this information wasn't available at the time of the assessment but explains more about why he has the symptoms and difficulties he has - which the assessor didn't recognise.
Thank you for your advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #159821 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Appeal

KG55 wrote: Thank you Gordon and apologies for the delay in acknowledging. The appeal date has now come through and it's just over three weeks away and we have to submit any papers at least 7 days in advance. Last week he had another scan which has revealed new information so we are trying to get a copy of this and a report from the GP as this information wasn't available at the time of the assessment but explains more about why he has the symptoms and difficulties he has - which the assessor didn't recognise.
Thank you for your advice.

Good luck for the day.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #159885 by KG55
Thank you Gordon. I may have some more questions as I put the appeal submission together! If not will report back how it goes.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161699 by KG55
An update - my ex had his appeal yesterday and won! He went from being found not to have limited capacity to work to being put in the Support Group. A huge relief. The hearing lasted about an hour and the judge and doctor were very thorough in reviewing all the written and oral evidence. The guides and support from this site are brilliant so I would encourage anyone appealing to join and make good use of everything that's available to support your appeal.

Can I just ask a moderator please - as far as I can see, the decision is in effect backdated to the date that he was found fit for work. Assume as he's now in the Support Group, he doesn't need to provide medical certificates anymore?

Once again thank you to everyone who supports and keeps this site going and all the moderators who work hard to give expert advice.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #161712 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Appeal
That's great news! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

It can take a few weeks for the tribunal decision to work its way through the DWP system and be actioned. It would be wise to continue submitting fitnotes until DWP say not to - it's not worth upsetting things at this stage!

If often takes around 8 weeks for the decision to be implemented, you might be able to speed this up by sending DWP a copy of your tribunal decision letter. Backpayment is usually made without any argument :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161739 by KG55
Thanks very much - will ask him to get the certificates for the time being.

Thanks again for all your help
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.