× Members

ESA face to face - M.E and cognitive problems

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #156480 by Leach
Hi, Just reading your topic and wanted to say that today I had my face to face assessment for esa and I have fibromyalgia and bipolar 2. The Doctor did them both at the same time, although we didn't get very far as after 20 mins asking me about my mental health and other conditions he said he had seen and read enough evidence to recommend I go in the support group. so relieved! good luck

michelle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #156483 by gay/pm
Are the assessor s allowed to say what group you should b put in, thought the decision was made by DWP?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leach

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #156526 by Gordon

gay/pm wrote: Are the assessor s allowed to say what group you should b put in, thought the decision was made by DWP?

It's unusual for them to comment on their recommendation, but it's still down to the DWP DM to make the Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leach

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #157042 by angelab
Replied by angelab on topic ESA face to face - M.E and cognitive problems
I am thinking of requestion the reasons for the decisions on my previous 2 ESA claims:

1. December 2012 - completed ESA50, moved from IB to ESA contribution based WRAG

2. September 2013- sent another ESA50, completed and returned in October. January 2014 - ESA stopped as 356 days was up. February 2014 - payment restarted at support group rate. Never received a decision letter. January 2015 received letter re benefit rates from April, which showed I was def receiving support rate.

Both these decisions were made on written evidence alone.

I think it would be useful for my current claim to know DM's reasons as I submitted virtually identical written evidence for both these previous claims, as well as my latest one.

What do you think?

Will they send them to me?

What do I actually request?

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #157045 by angelab
Replied by angelab on topic ESA face to face - M.E and cognitive problems
Thanks Michelle. The nurse doing F2F did say twice that she could see from my form that I was severely disabled, Tho not during the recorded bit :) And she finished by saying it was up to DM which level ESA I'd be on.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #157052 by Gordon

rosieb wrote: I am thinking of requestion the reasons for the decisions on my previous 2 ESA claims:

1. December 2012 - completed ESA50, moved from IB to ESA contribution based WRAG

2. September 2013- sent another ESA50, completed and returned in October. January 2014 - ESA stopped as 356 days was up. February 2014 - payment restarted at support group rate. Never received a decision letter. January 2015 received letter re benefit rates from April, which showed I was def receiving support rate.

Both these decisions were made on written evidence alone.

I think it would be useful for my current claim to know DM's reasons as I submitted virtually identical written evidence for both these previous claims, as well as my latest one.

What do you think?

Will they send them to me?

What do I actually request?

You will need to make a Subject Access Request (SAR) for the "documents used in the making of the Decisions". SARs can take up to 40 calendar days to be processed, so they may not be available before a Decision is made on this re-assessment, also the DWP regularly destroy old documentation so they information may not be available.

SAR :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.